Before you start, make sure that both your iOS device and Mac are connected to the same network. TouchPad/NumPad requires a WiFi connection to access your computer and cannot connect through a USB or a Bluetooth connection.
TouchPad/NumPad is compatible with OS X 10.4 Tiger or later.
Step 1: Enable Remote Management
- Open macOS' System Preferences.
- Click Sharing.
- Enable Remote Management.
- Allow access for all users, or add each individual user to grant permissions to connect to the service.
- Click Options...
- Enable Observe and Control.
- If the OS X Firewall is running, make sure that Remote Management or Screen Sharing is allowed to receive incoming connections.
Step 2: Setting up TouchPad/NumPad
Launch TouchPad or NumPad on your iOS device if it's not already running.
You will be prompted you to select a server. Tap 'Yes'.
- You can also access the Computers List by tapping on the Settings Button:
- Tap on the Computer you want to connect to.
- If the selected computer was already configured, TouchPad/NumPad will initiate a connection. If not, will display the Computer details.
Make sure the Operating System is set to Macintosh.
Fill out the required Authentication information.
- Method: Macintosh User,
- Username and Password: The same credential you use when you log on your computer.
Tap Save and re-select the computer you've just configured.
If everything is in order, you should now be connected and ready to connect!