- Open System Preferences.
- Select Sharing.
- You'll find your Mac's hostname (ex: Johns-iMac-Pro.local) right under Computer Name.
- Click on the Start menu and type cmd. When you see the cmd applications in Start menu panel, click it or just press enter.
- A command line window will open. Type ipconfig and press enter.
- You'll see a bunch of information, but the line you want to look for is "IPv4 Address." The number across from that text is your local IP address (ex: 192.168.7.43).
Linux and Raspberry Pi
- Open a Terminal window
- Type ifconfig
- Find the current network interface (ex: 192.168.7.44)