If you have an extra iOS device lying around, you can use it as an external trackpad to control Screens fot iOS. Mobile Trackpad is an excellent way to turn your iPad Pro into a real workhorse!
Mobile Trackpad is available as an In-App Purchase and can be used via Wi-Fi to connect to your Screens for iOS device.
How To Launch Mobile Trackpad
- On your primary iOS device, start a new Screens connection to a remote computer.
- Launch Screens on your secondary iOS device, the one you will use as a trackpad.
- Once your primary device has established a Screens session with the remote computer, a ”Start Trackpad” notification will appear on your secondary device. Tap Start Trackpad and select your primary device.
- Select the iOS device you wish to control.
- On your primary device, accept the connection.
You're done! You can now use your device as a trackpad and perform all gestures available in Screens.
Mobile Trackpad mode will automatically turn itself off when you close the connection to the remote computer or when you tap the X button.
Screens remembers your devices and will not prompt you the next time you wish to connect via Mobile Trackpad. You can unregister devices from the app settings, under Extra Features → Mobile Trackpad
Note: Since iOS 11, Apple decided to disable peer-to-peer networking over Bluetooth. Because of this restriction, Mobile Trackpad will not work when used by devices connected via a personal hotspot.