Screens Connect shares information about the computer it's installed on with your Screens ID account. This information is then retrieved by Screens to display the computer under the Screens Connect list in the Screens Library, making connecting to the computer from Screens an extremely simple matter.
If you install Screens Connect, log into the app with your Screens ID, and the computer doesn't appear in either the Screens Library or in your Screens ID account, there may have been a problem with installation. To rectify this:
On macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later:
- Click the Screens Connect icon.
- Click Uninstall Screens Connect.
- Open Keychain Access.
- Search for "screens connect" (without quotes).
- Remove all results from the Keychain.
- Reboot the computer.
- Download a fresh copy of the latest Screens Connect release.
- Install Screens Connect as per our Screens Connect User Guide, making sure that you allow the helper tool installation when prompted.
On earlier macOS versions: