If UPnP or NAT-PMP is not available on your router, or if you prefer to configure port forwarding yourself, you can define a port number of your choosing in Screens Connect. Your router can then be configured to forward Screens connections to this port.
- Open the Screens Connect menu.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Advanced.
- Select Use public port number.
- Enter a valid port that Screens may connect to. For unsecured connections, we recommend the universal default for Screen Sharing (VNC): 5900. For secure connections, we recommend the universal default for Remote Login (SSH): 22.
- Note the forwarding information provided below the port number field.
- If you haven't already done so, proceed with manually forwarding the port on the computer's Internet gateway device.
When assigning a port number, remember that you may not use a port number already in use by another service on the computer running Screens Connect. Using a port number in use on another computer is fine, as network traffic is routed to
<IPAddress>:<PortNumber>,. For example, if you have four computers you wish to connect to with Screens, the following IP address/port number assignment scenario is acceptable: