When using a secure connection, Screens can authenticate with the remote machine using either a username and password or a private SSH key.
How to Authenticate with a Private SSH Key
- In the saved screen's settings, click the Secure Connection tab.
- Click the key icon to browse for a private SSH key.
The key icon will turn blue upon loading a valid private key.
- Edit a saved screen.
- Under Secure Connection, tap Advanced.
- Next to the Password field, tap the key icon.
- Choose Keys or 1Password to browse for a private key.
- Due to technical considerations, Screens doesn't support the newer OpenSSH key format. We suggest using the PEM format until OpenSSH support is introduced in a future version of Screens.
- Screens supports RSA keys of 2048-bits or less; 4096-bits or greater are unsupported.